Stamford Health Announces Kathleen Silard as New President & CEO
By Stamford Health
Oct 2, 2018 - 4:15:33 PM
Stamford, CT - Stamford Health is pleased to announce that Kathleen Silard, RN, BSN, MS, FACHE, has been named as the organization’s new President and Chief Executive Officer. Silard will lead the independent non-profit health system, which includes Stamford Hospital, on the Bennett Medical Center campus, Stamford Health Medical Group, and the Stamford Hospital Foundation.
Silard joined Stamford Health in 2003 as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and has provided clinical and operational leadership to the growing health system. As a resident of Greenwich, Silard is passionate about making a difference in the communities served by Stamford Health and is committed to leading a team of more than 3,000 employees who provide high-quality, patient-centered care every day. Silard’s service-oriented and caring approach stems from her background as a clinician – she started her career as a nurse in the pediatrics and the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Albert Einstein Hospital in New York.
Her commitment to patient care has led to successful initiatives that will continue benefiting patients and families in our local communities. She led the organization’s facility master planning and was instrumental in opening the new Stamford Hospital on time and under budget in 2016. Silard also helped develop the Cohen Pediatric Emergency Department – the first dedicated pediatric emergency department in Fairfield County – under the Cohen Children’s Institute, which provides inpatient and outpatient services for kids.
Other major accomplishments achieved under her operational leadership include:
· Creating the Stamford Health Heart &Vascular Institute to offer emergency and elective angioplasty, open heart surgery, electrophysiology and TAVR (Trans Aortic Valve Replacement) to patients across lower Fairfield County.
· Expanding services at the Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center which includes joining the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Care Collaborative.
· Developing a partnership with Hospital for Special Surgery to establish a premier center for orthopedics serving patients in Connecticut and New England.
· Working as part of a team to achieve the top Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score. Stamford Health was one of only seven out of 28 hospitals in Connecticut to receive an “A” in 2017.
· Providing nursing leadership that resulted in achieving Magnet® Distinction, the highest honor for nursing service that any hospital can receive from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The hospital is among about seven percent of hospitals nationwide to receive this status.
While at Einstein Hospital, Silard became the Executive Director of Clinical Operations and then served as the Executive Director of the Montefiore Medical Group. Prior to Stamford Hospital, Silard was the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in New Jersey.
Active in the community, Silard has been involved with the Stamford Emergency Medical Services, Greenwich PTA, Greenwich Scholarship, YWCA of Greenwich, Parents of Tufts University Dental School, Hobart & William Smith College, Loyola University, and Friends of Kent School. Silard holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from The Herbert H. Lehman College of City University of New York and a Master of Science Degree in Health Care Administration from Iona College.
© Copyright by ConnecticutPlus.com